"Music's The Reason Why, I Know Time Still Exists"

Music is such a wonderful part of life. Everyone enjoys music. Whether it's rock, oldies, pop, rap, christian, or country. Every person in life can relate and enjoy music. Whether their from Jamaica, Israel, India, or America...all people can sing and dance to music. In a way, music connects us to everyone in the world. Music shows our differences, but also shows the one thing that connects us all. That being said, I plan to let this blog be a place to use songs (mainly christian) to connect to my life. I love finding new songs and blasting them in my car...tape player...that's right. My car still has one of those.

So to begin, a song that is touching my life right now is, "To Know Your Name" by Hillsong. (speaking of Hillsong, they are coming to St. Louis on Tuesday and I'm majorly bummed that I can't go since it is a "school night.")

LYRICS:

"The precious blood of Jesus Christ redeems,
forgiven I’m alive, restored set free.
Your majesty resides inside of me,
forever I believe. forever I believe.
Arrested by your truth and righteousness;
Your grace has overwhelmed my brokenness.
Convicted by your spirit, led by your word,
Your love will never fail.
Your love will never fail.
‘Cause I know you gave, the world your only son for us to
know your name, to live within the saviours love and he took my place,
knowing he’d be crucified and you loved.. you loved, a people undeserving!"


The last part of this song is most inspirational to me. It's so important to recognize, especially coming off of Easter, that I KNOW...not I assume, guess, or hope He gave His Son....That I KNOW He gave His son for us.
It's great to be reminded that He gave His Son so that we would know HIS name. Without Jesus, we would never be able to talk with or know God's name!
I also just think that it is absolutely crazy and incredible to be reminded that Jesus died knowing that we would disgrace him, disobey Him, turn away from Him, and some may never accept Him...and yet he STILL died for us. He died for a people UNDESERVING. We don't deserve His love. It's because He first loved us that we can love Him.

I think that this is such a brilliant song to start out my posts with. It is so full of truth. I'll let this song speak for itself. Download it and blast it in your car! Hopefully you have a CD player in your's... or an ipod will do too. :)
Have a blessed day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

:::Fifty Shades of Crap:::

"Life becomes easier when you learn to accept an apology you never got."

Turkey Hill Ranch Bible Camp?