"You are more than what is hurting you tonight."

Over the past 24 hours, I have held five different people in my arms as they've wept for various different reasons.
Over the past 24 hours, I have watched friends confess their secret sin and shame to feel some kind of relief from the burden they've been carrying all alone.
Over the past 24 hours, I have watched hearts break.
Over the past 24 hours, I have watched tears fall.
Over the past 24 hours, I have seen my friends be extremely vulnerable.
Over the past 24 hours, I have seen darkness overtake my friends.
Over the past 24 hours, I have seen my friends question hope, question love, and question God.

That's a lot to take in over a 24 hour period.

There has been a lot of brokenness to begin to comprehend.
There has a lot of pain to understand.
There have been a lot of tears to wipe.
There has been a lot of darkness to call out.
There has been a lot of stories to be heard.
There have been a lot of prayers that have been prayed.

I am thankful for all that God has done in my life over the past year.
He has taken me through the darkest valley.
He has allowed my heart to be broken.
He has allowed me to feel wounded.
He has taken me through a process of healing and redemption.
He allowed me to hit rock bottom.
But through it all---God was with me.
God never left my side.
And now that He has formed a solid foundation in my life...I am no longer on the roller coaster of life. The valleys don't seem as dark anymore. The mountaintops don't seem as needed or wanted.
The steadiness that Christ has put into my life has changed the way that I live my life.
The peacefulness that God has put in my heart has changed the way that I walk through my days.
I am far from perfect. I still hurt. I still sin. I still break. I still cry.
But the hard seasons in my life no longer shake me to the core.
In the moments of darkness, I am able to look up to Christ and say, "May Your will be done in my life. No matter what that may mean. No matter what pain I have to go through. No matter what struggle I must face. No matter what temptation I must deny. No matter what season you ask me to walk through. I will go through those seasons with the strength of Your Spirit. I will walk through this life knowing that in all things---You deserve to be praised."

I say all of that to say this:
How beautiful it is to be able to hold my friends in their moments of weakness---and to be able to offer them true hope. I'm no longer faking it. I'm no longer just saying the "right answers." I have seen God move in huge ways. And I truly believe in His power.
Hope that has changed my life.
Hope that has lifted me out of the darkness.
Hope that has set me free.
Hope that will lift all burdens from our life.
Hope that doesn't shift.

And to be able to offer my friends truth.
And be able to offer you truth.
John 8:32 says, "And they will know the truth and the truth will set you free."

You are not alone.
You are not defined by your past.
You are not who you once were.
You do not have to live in shame.
You do not have to believe Satan's lies.
You have power within you through the Holy Spirit.
You have been redeemed.
You have been healed.
You are loved so deeply.
You are cherished.
You are beautiful.
You are wanted.
You are desired.
You have been set free.
God is holding your hand.
God is wiping your tears.
God is watching out for you.
God is holding your heart.
God will heal you.
God will restore you.
This darkness will lift.
There is always hope.
Jesus Christ has saved you.
Jesus Christ has washed you clean.
Jesus Christ has made you whole.

I have seen all of these truths in my own life and in my own story.
God comes always comes through.
Redemption is real.
Hope is real.
Hold on. Don't give up.
The pain will end.
There will be a brighter tomorrow.
You are not alone.

You are worth more than what is hurting you tonight.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7C2o0jHNRuU


I'm thankful that God has given me arms to hold and comfort my friends.

I'm thankful that God is always holding us...even at our weakest moments.

In His love,
HG





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

:::Fifty Shades of Crap:::

"Life becomes easier when you learn to accept an apology you never got."

Turkey Hill Ranch Bible Camp?