Tomorrow, tomorrow...I love ya, tomorrow.

While I'm away, here is a general itinerary, along with specific prayer requests!
I can't wait to tell you all about what God does through this trip!!

December 30 I will be leaving St. Louis at 8:35am and will arrive in Cincinnati at 10:49am (9:49am CST). I will then leave Cincinnati at 2:00pm (1:00pm CST) and will arrive in New York at 4:00pm (3:00pm CST).  Our team will leave New York at 10:20pm (9:20pm CST) for our 15 hour, 35 minute flight to Dubai.
-Pray for all the final preparations to be made smoothly
-Pray for safe travel and health as we begin our trip
-Pray for strength as we begin our 48 hours of travel
-Pray for team unity and bonding while traveling.
December 31
Our team is still traveling. We will arrive in Dubai, UAE, at 10:55 pm (12:55pm CST)
-Pray for a safe night in Dubai as we explore the city during our 12-hour layover.
-Pray for continued safe travel
-Pray for physical strength to endure the long travel
January 1
Our team will board the plane at 10:35 AM (12:35 AM CST).  Our plane will arrive in Nairobi, Kenya at 2:45pm (5:45am).-Pray for safe travel during our last leg of the trip -Pray for safety during our travel to Moffat Bible College in Kijabe, Kenya, which is where we are staying during our time in Kenya
-Pray for our team to pass through customs smoothly and safely
-Pray our team would make quick adjustments to time and cultural changes
-Pray for our first day in Kenya!
January 2-9

Over the next few days, our team will be serving with Naomi’s Village Orphanage, CURE Hospital, Rift Valley Academy, Little Lambs Orphanage, Kijabe Hospital, and a feeding program at Southern Cross Academy.  We will also be experiencing a 2-day safari.
-Pray that God would be glorified by every aspect of our trip
-Pray that God would put a hedge of protection around our entire time in Kenya
-Pray that God would protect and provide for our family members back home
-Pray that God would give us strength and good health through the trip
-Pray that the unconditional love of God would radiate in and through each of our lives
-Pray for each team member to find time to reflect on all that we experience each day
-Pray that Satan would be bound from anything that distracts our team away from God’s voice and call
-Pray that God would unite our team and that life-long friendships are formed
-Pray for opportunities to show the love of Jesus to the Kenyan people
-Pray for God’s plans for each person to be accomplished on this trip
-Pray for safety and the ability to see God’s beauty during our safari
-Pray for endurance through the work and schedule
-Pray for nights of good rest
January 10
Our team will begin the journey home. We will leave Nairobi, Kenya at 10:50pm (1:50pm CST).  Our team will arrive in Dubai at 4:50am on January 11, but it will only be 6:50pm on January 10 CST).
-Pray for our hearts as we begin to reflect on our trip
-Pray for our team as we say goodbye to the friends we’ve made in Kenya
-Pray for safe travels over the next 48 hours
January 11
Our team will arrive in Dubai at 4:50am (6:50pm on January 10 CST). Our team will leave from Dubai at 9:10 am (11:10pm on January 10 CST). We will arrive in New York at 7:00pm (6:00pm CST).-Pray for continued safe travels
-Pray for strength, patience, and stamina during our 48 hours of travel
-Pray for God to speak to us as we reflect on what has taken place during our stay in Kenya
January 12
I will leave from New York at 8:20am (7:20am CST).  I will arrive in Atlanta at 10:55am (9:55am CST). I will depart from Atlanta at 11:40am (10:40am CST) and will return to St. Louis at 12:18pm! -Pray for strength as our team finishes out 48 hours of traveling.
-Pray for our team as we say goodbye to each other
-Pray for safe travels during our last leg of the trip
-Pray for our acclimation back into American culture
Mission Team Members:
Myself, Ashlyn A., Samantha A., Sarah A. , Trevin B., Annie B., Will C., Erica G., Megan H., J.D. M., Sarah M., Carly M., Tanner O., Jordan O., Cassidy O., Hailey P., Hannah S., Jacob T., Shannon W. 

A personal note:
I am asking you to please pray for my team and me during our time in Kenya. Prayer is powerful. Lives are changed because of prayer. God listens when we reach out to Him. And I’ll be honest…my heart needs the prayer. I am nervous, scared and anxious about going overseas during this scary time in our world. But when God called me, I had to answer. He has never failed to protect, love, and lead me well.  

The Lord has called me to Africa and I am thrilled to follow Him. That doesn’t come without fear or without anxiety. There were two songs that really encouraged me to finally step out onto the waters to follow Him: You Make Me Brave and No Longer Slaves by Bethel Music. These songs have reminded me that God holds me in His perfect love. The most common command in the Bible is this: “Don’t be afraid.” I think that God knew that we would let fear drive our decisions in our culture, in our world, in all the darkness that surrounds us. If we let fear determine our direction, then we would never go anywhere. Donald Miller says it this way, “I used to think of fear as a subtle suggestion in our subconscious designed to keep us safe. And I guess it serves that purpose. But fear isn't only a guide to keep us safe; it's also a manipulative emotion that can trick us into living a boring life.” God calls us to step out onto the waters to follow Him because He promises that He loves us. He promises that He cares for us. So, while I’m crossing oceans to love His people in Africa…what is it that you are not doing because fear is standing in your way? My prayer is that you would be able to proclaim, “I’m no longer a slave to fear. I am a child of God.”

Thanks for being a part of this journey with me. I can’t wait to share with you about how God moves during our time in Kenya.

Love you all!
In His grip,

Hayley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

:::Fifty Shades of Crap:::

"Life becomes easier when you learn to accept an apology you never got."

Turkey Hill Ranch Bible Camp?