I once was bound---but now I'm free.

I am sitting in Starbucks---reading my bible, drinking my Java Chip Frap, and listening to Pandora.

(Sidenote: I keep singing out loud because I have earphones in---and I feel like I'm the only person in this room...Well I'm not the only person here...and people keep staring. Whoopsie!)
I'm super peaceful and super content. I've been reflecting on the last three weeks of my life...reflecting on the last twenty years of my life. I've come to the conclusion that God is so utterly amazing. God is so consistent in His love for me. He has never stopped pursuing my heart. He is the ONLY one that will never abandon me. His love is enough for me. His grace is enough for me. I'm covered by His blood.
God is enough in the pain.
God is enough in the heartbreak.
God is enough in the healing.
God is enough in the joy.
God is enough in the tears.
God is enough in the laughter.
God is enough in the disappointment.
God is enough in the loss.
God is enough on the mountaintop.
God is enough in the valley.
God is enough in the brokenness.
God is enough in the beauty.
God is enough in the fears.
God is enough in the plenty.
God is enough in the morning.
God is enough in the evening.
God is enough. God is enough. God is enough.

These truths are so evident to me. These truths are so real to me. These truths are so obvious to me.
John 8:32---"You will know the truth and the truth will set you free."

I once was bound, but now I'm free.

I don't live in my past.
I don't live in my mistakes.
I don't live in my fears.
I don't live in my pain.
I don't live in my regrets.

INSTEAD....

I live in the freedom that Christ bought for me.
I live in joy.
I live in truth.
I live in peace.
I live in abundant life.
I live in hope.
I live in anticipation for all that Christ has for me.
I live...because He died to set me free.


I haven't always lived that way. I was bound by sin. I was bound by fears. I was bound by pain. I was bound my addiction. I was bound by chains. I was bound by my mistakes. I was bound by my regrets.
BUT....
God has broken the chains. God has freed my soul. God has redeemed my story. God has rescued me from the pit. God has revealed His truth to me. God has taught me how to hope. God has restored my joy. God has healed my heart. God has helped me come alive in Him. ......And I ain't ever going back to "okay."


Psalm 116"I love the Lord, for He heard my voice; He heard my cry for mercy. Because He turned His ear to me, I will call on Him as long as I live. The cords of death entangled me, the anguish of the grave came upon me; I was overcome by trouble and sorrow. Then I called on the name of the Lord: "O Lord, save me!" The Lord is gracious and righteous; our God is full of compassion. The Lord protects the simplehearted; when I was in great need, He saved me. Be at rest once more, O my soul, for the Lord has been good to you. For you, O Lord, have delivered my soul from death, my eyes from tears, my feet from stumbling, that I may walk before the Lord in the land of the living. I believed; therefore I said, "I am greatly afflicted." And in my dismay I said, "All men are liars." How can I repay the Lord for all the goodness to me? I will lift up the cup of salvation and call on the name of the Lord. I will fulfill my vows to the Lord in the presence of all his people. Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints. O Lord, truly I am your servant; I am your servant, the son of your maidservant; you have freed me from my chains. I will sacrifice a thank offering to you and call on the name of the Lord in the presence of all his people, in the courts of the house of the Lord---in your midst, O Jerusalem. Praise the Lord."

God loves.
God pursues.God saves.
God rescues.
God heals.
God blesses.
God frees.
God restores.
God satisfies.
God is enough.


"All of You is more than enough for all of me---for every thirst and every need. You satisfy me with Your love. And all I have in You is more than enough. More than all I want...more than all I need. You are more than enough for me. More than all I know, more than all I can say...You are more than enough for me."



In His grip,
HG


Comments

maxine. said…
hayley!

i love reading your posts! you are so inspiring! god is so good! this is exactly what i needed. miss ya!

maxine

Popular posts from this blog

:::Fifty Shades of Crap:::

"Life becomes easier when you learn to accept an apology you never got."

Turkey Hill Ranch Bible Camp?