Starbucks is more than a coffee shop for me.


I'm sitting in Starbucks. They have started to recognize me. I even got a discount on my drink today! I've been here for a few hours and I'm beginning to wonder if they are going to kick me out soon! I officially spend more time here than I spend anywhere else. I'm okay with that...I just wish the drinks were a little less expensive! On that note....There is a lot on my mind, but nothing that is worth sharing on this blog. Just a lot of unanswered questions. A lot of unexplained situations. A lot of unspoken words. But God is bigger---and I'm waiting on Him to bring everything together once again.

A couple things to leave you with:

1) Check out my new favorite song:: 'This Love is free' by Hyland.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFgGx7HAK0U
2) One thing that I know without a doubt----God's love never fails, never gives up, never runs out on me.

3) As I've been watching people in Starbucks for four hours... (seriously. I told you that I live here). My heart has been captured by a little African American girl who keeps looking at me---smiling---and then singing as loud as she possibly can. My heart has been captured by a man who has been in here for thirty minutes and on the phone, and I've yet to see even smirk or smile. My heart has been captured by the workers and their genuine love for their customers. My heart has been captured by the woman who has been on her computer since I've arrived, who seems to be confused. My heart has been captured by the teenager in the corner chair that seems to be hiding behind a smile. My heart has been captured by an older couple that has not said more than two words to each other, but their love is obvious in the way they look at one another. ...I've made an active attempt to smile a little longer at every person that has come into this Starbucks. Not like a creepy smile...but a smile that says.."Hey. You're loved. You deserve joy. You deserve to hope. I care about you. You aren't alone." In each of the smiles that I've given...people have responded with a smile---even the man who wouldn't smirk or smile...he was resistant..but after my 8th smile...he smiles back. I've said a little prayer for each of them. I've prayed that they would believe in the Lord who saves. I've prayed that they would believe in love. I've prayed that they would believe in brighter tomorrows. I've prayed that they would believe that they are loved. I've prayed that they would believe that their life matters. I've prayed that they would know that they are not alone. I've prayed that they would believe that they are beautiful. All of these people have a special place in my heart. They are all so loved.

4) Starbucks is more than a coffee shop for me. It's a place where God meets with me. It's a place that has become a strange kind of home for me. It's a place where people are broken, but healing. It's a place where people are sad, but hiding it. It's a place where people are happy, and not afraid to show it. It's a place where people come to find peace and rest. It's a place where people use music to drown out the noise of this life. It's a place where people come to be re-energized. It's a place where God gives me the opportunity to love. It's a place where God gives me the opportunity to offer joy. It's a place where God gives me the opportunity to show people that God's love is real. Hope is real. Healing is real. Joy is real. Starbucks is a little slice of heaven...not because of the coffee---but because of the people that come here. They each have hearts that need a little hope...a little smile... a little joy. I may never see these people again...but tonight....at the Starbucks in St. Charles County---joy is spreading.

In His grip,
HG

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

:::Fifty Shades of Crap:::

"Life becomes easier when you learn to accept an apology you never got."

Turkey Hill Ranch Bible Camp?