Running in Circles.

God is giving me blessings that I do not deserve.
I'm having difficulty accepting and experiencing the mystery of this grace.
I am in complete awe that God would continue to bless me, even when I run away from His presence. Even when I dishonor His name. Even when I spit in His face.

But because of the blood of Christ...
God forgives.
He draws me back to Him.
God freely offers us a second chance.

I love the truth that God gives us freedom to be obedient to Him.
Before Jesus set us free,  we were enslaved to our sin. But now---every single day, we have the choice to walk away, to say no to temptation, and to declare the truth that: God is better than any sin or fleeting pleasure of this world. 

He is the only One that can satisfy our hearts completely.

I can't help but wonder...will I ever stop chasing things of this world to find satisfaction and peace? They fail every time. I just wish I could grasp and understand that truth and actually live according to it.


I wish I would stop running in circles.

This song is the prayer of my heart right now.
I do not have the words to say to my Father.
But this song speaks what I cannot say.
This is my prayer for myself and I hope you can pray these words to the Lord and be able to surrender, repent, and run back to the Lord.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foVRP07WOAg



"I'm so forgetful, but You always remind me.
You're the only One that brings me peace.
I'm so forgetful, but You always remind me.
You're the only One that brings me peace.
You're the only One who brings me peace.

So I come, Lord, I come.
I come. Lord, I come.

To tell You I love You.
To tell You I need You.
To tell You there's no better place for me than in Your arms.
To tell You I'm sorry for running in circles.
For placing my focus on the waves, not on Your face.
You're the only One who brings me peace.
You're the only One who brings me peace.
In the storm.
In the storm.

I'm so forgetful, but You always remind me.
You're the only One who brings me peace.
You're the only One who brings me peace."

I pray that tonight we would be able to rest in the truth that God's grace is holding us.
We can turn back to the cross, deny ourselves, and say no to the temptations of this world.

We can stop running in circles.
And we can run towards Him.
Don't delay. Run into His arms tonight.

In His love,
HG

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

:::Fifty Shades of Crap:::

"Life becomes easier when you learn to accept an apology you never got."

Turkey Hill Ranch Bible Camp?